In 2012, Corner was selected by the Ontario Hockey League‘s (OHL) Erie Otters with the first overall pick in the OHL draft, and he played for them until 2015.
In the final season of his OHL career, 2014–15, McDavid collected 120 points and won numerous OHL and Canadian Hockey League (CHL) honors, including the Red Tilson Trophy, the Wayne Gretzky 99 Award, and CHL Player of the Year. At many international events during this time, McDavid represented Canada and took home gold medals from the 2013 IIHF World U18 Championships and the 2015 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
In the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Connor was selected first overall by the Oilers. He was nominated to the NHL All-First Team despite missing three months of his rookie season due to a fractured collarbone, and he was a finalist for the Calder Memorial Trophy.
The Oilers made McDavid, then 19 years old, the youngest captain in NHL history the following season. McDavid became the youngest winner of the Art Ross Trophy for the NHL’s top scorer after amassing 100 points in the 2016–17 season.
Along with being chosen for the NHL First All-Star Team, he also received the Ted Lindsay Award and the Hart Memorial Trophy. McDavid scored 41 goals in each of the following two seasons, despite the Oilers missing the Stanley Cup playoffs the following two years.
- Birth: January 13, 1997
- Nation: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
- Position: Centre
- League: NHL
- Height: 6 ft 1 in
- Weight: 193 lb
- Team: Edmonton Oilers
- Shoots: Left
- Jersey: 97
- NFL Draft:2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1Picked by Edmonton Oilers
- Playing Career:Erie Otters / OHL (2012–2014)Edmonton Oilers (2015-present)
Career Highlights and Awards
|NHL Second All-Star Team||2022|
|NHL First All-Star Team||2017, 2018, 2019, 2021|
|Ted Lindsay Award||2017, 2018, 2021|
|Hart Memorial Trophy||2017, 2021|
|Art Ross Trophy||2017, 2018, 2021, 2022|
|NHL All-Star Skills Competition Fastest Skater||2017|
|NHL All-Star Game appearance||2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022|
|NHL All-Rookie Team||2016|
- Connor is the youngest Captain in NHL History. He was named the team captain at the age of 19-years and 266 days. He still has this title, and it might not be overturned for some time.
- Connor’s house was designed by his girlfriend, Nu style=”text-decoration: none;”>Lauren Kyle. Kyle, who is an interior designer. Many were in awe of the house’s size and design, and in recent months, Architectural Digest treated viewers to a video giving a thorough tour of the house.
- Connor is not ashamed to say that he has a sweet tooth. He claims that black licorice is one of his favorite sweets and has enjoyed it ever since he was a child!
- Growing up in Ontario, McDavid was a big fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ fan at a very young age. More interestingly, he now plays on a team which is somehow a rival to the Maple Leafs.
It’s time to get a hockey jersey for yourself.
Nothing is better than supporting your favorite player by wearing his jersey.