He played college basketball for Kansas Jayhawks for one season before being selected by the Philadelphia 76ers with the third pick overall in the 2014 NBA Draft.
His debut was postponed by many foot and knee ailments for two seasons, but in 2016–2017, despite appearing in just 31 games, he was chosen to the NBA All–Rookie First Team.
Five-time NBA All-Star Embiid has also made the All-NBA Team four times, the All-Defensive Team three times, and the All-NBA Team once.
Embiid became the first center and seven footer since Shaquille O’Neal (2000), the first center to score over 30 points per game since Moses Malone (1982), and the first foreign player to lead the NBA in scoring during the 2021–22 season. He kept up his strong work for his group, securing his position as one of the team’s important players.
- Birth: 16 March 1994
- Nationality: Cameroonian
- Position: Center
- League: NBA
- Team: Philadelphia 76ers
- High School: Montverde Academy (Montverde, Florida)/The Rock School (Gainesville, Florida)
- College: Kansas (2013–2014)
- Height: 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)
- Weight:280 lb (127 kg)
- NBA Draft: 2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 3rd overall – Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers
- Team Jersey : No. 21
- Nickname: The Process
- Playing Career: 2014–present
- Career History: 2014–present: Philadelphia 76ers
Career Highlights and Awards
|5× NBA All-Star||2018-2022|
|4× All-NBA Second Team||2018, 2019, 2021, 2022|
|3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team||2018, 2019, 2021|
|NBA scoring champion||2022|
|NBA All-Rookie First Team||2017|
|Second-team All-Big 12||2014|
|Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year||2014|
|Big 12 All-Defensive Team||2014|
|Big 12 All-Newcomer Team||2014|
- Joel desired to play soccer initially, however his brother persuaded him to give basketball a shot.
- Joel nicknamed himself “The Process”to to spite the NBA employees who forced Sam Hinkie, the former general manager of Philadelphia 76ers out of town.
- Besides being an excellent basketball player, Joel Embiid is also a talented rapper. His most recent diss trackhas been released directed towards Draymond Green, another NBA player.
- Joel’s the first NBA player to be featured on the cover of Vogue magazine.
It’s time to get a basketball jersey for yourself.
Nothing is better than to support your favorite player by wearing his jersey.