Betts used to play for the Boston Red Sox. He made MLB history in 2018 by becoming the first player to win the Most Valuable Player, Silver Slugger, Gold Glove, Batting Champion, and World Series in the same season.
The Red Sox selected Betts in the first round of the 2011 draft, and he made his MLB debut in the 2014 season, playing both second base and the outfield.
He started out playing center field for the Red Sox in 2014 before switching to right field in 2016.
Betts has been likened to Dustin Pedroia, a former Red Sox teammate because Pedroia is a very small natural second baseman with a good contact percentage and a high level of performance when pulling the ball.
Additionally, Betts bowls tenpin professionally for the PBA. In the 2017 World Series of Bowling, he bowled a perfect game.
- Birth: October 7, 1992
- Nation: Smyrna, Tennessee,US.
- Position: Rightfielder
- League: MLB
- Bats: Right
- Throws: Right
- Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Jersey: 50
- MLB debut: June 29, 2014 — for the Boston Red Sox
- Career History
Boston Red Sox (2014–2019)
Los Angeles Dodgers (2020–present)
- MLB Statistics (through 2022 season)
|Runs batted in||649|
Career Highlights and Awards
|6× All-Star||2016–2019, 2021, 2022|
|2× World Series champion||2018,2020|
|All-MLB First Team||2020|
|All-MLB Second Team||2019|
|5× Silver Slugger Award||2016, 2018–2020, 2022|
|6× Gold Glove Award||2016–2020, 2022|
|2× Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award||2016, 2018|
|AL batting champion||2018|
- Betts is also a bowling champion. With a best score of 290, Betts was voted the boys bowler of the year in Tennessee in 2010. .
- Betts is a real “MLB”. Since the initial letter of his real name Markus Lynn Betts is just M.L.B. Two middle names make up his name. Mark, his father’s middle name, and Lynn, his mother’s middle name, are where Markus and Lynn originate.
- Betts is engaged to his fiancee Brianna Hammonds who has been together with him since middle school.
- SpongeBob has always been Betts’ favorite show since high school. He does, however, occasionally watch some of his fiance’s favorite programs, such as “Real Housewives” and “Say Yes to the Dress.”
It’s time to get a baseball jersey for yourself.
Nothing is better than to support your favorite player by wearing his jersey.