The Lightning picked Hedman with the second overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Hedman, who is regarded as one of the top defensemen in the NHL, has advanced to the James Norris Memorial Trophy final five times before winning it in 2018.
With the Lightning, Hedman won back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2020 and 2021. He also took home the Conn Smythe Trophy for playoff MVP in 2020.
- Birth: 18 December 1990
- Nation: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
- Position: Defence
- League: NHL
- Height: 6 ft 6 in
- Weight: 241lb
- Team: Tampa Bay Lightning
- Shoots: Left
- Jersey: 77
- NFL Draft:2009 / Pick:2Picked by Tampa Bay Lightning
- Playing Career: 2007 – present
- Former Team: Modo Hockey / Barys Astana
Career Highlights and Awards
|Conn Smythe Trophy||2020|
|Stanley Cup champion||2020,2021|
|NHL First All-Star Team||2018|
|James Norris Memorial Trophy||2018|
|NHL Second All-Star Team||2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022|
|NHL All-Star Game||2017, 2018, 2020, 2022|
- Victor got married to the gorgeous and lovely Sanna Grundberg on 23rd July 2017. They are both very private individuals, and not much is known about them. Both of them enjoy hiding their private lives from the cameras.
- Victor Hedman has developed a serious interest in football during his two seasons with the Lightning, so you can only imagine his excitement on October 31, the day after the Lightning played the Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona, when he received pregame sideline passes for the Buccaneers’ game against the Cardinals.
- Hedman was born and raised in Ornskoldsvik, a small city in northern Sweden known for producing an absurd amount of elite hockey talent, including Peter Forsberg, Daniel, and Henrik Sedin, Markus Naslund, a former captain of the Vancouver Canucks, and Tobias Enstrom, a current defenseman for the Winnipeg Jets.
It’s time to get a hockey jersey for yourself.
Nothing is better than supporting your favorite player by wearing his jersey.